Maybe We Need to Stop Proclaiming the Gospel "What Will You do with Jesus?!"

I have to admit that I didn't find this post interesting when I first ran into it over at Philip's ReformedVoices. But seeing the number of responses to it and seeing it posted as well on Lane's Blog, I definitely had to reconsider. Very grateful I am that the Lord has led me to see and hear this message. Lord willing, I pray you be blessed too by it.

It is a very outstanding closing message to a debate. You know why? Because Mr.White put the focus where the focus must be, on God. If there is one thing worthwhile for you to think about for today and the week to come, it is this: "He is God and I am not." Study what that means dear reader. Search and see what that means in Scripture. Seek, thirst and hunger dear loved one, surely you will be blessed with more than riches and wealth if you take hold of that wonderful truth.

James White : HT

Lane Chaplin's entry:

Earlier this week, my friend, Susan, and I listened to James White's debate with George Bryson from a few years ago. This clip is James' closing statement from that debate. I highly recommend listening to the entire debate. It is very encouraging to those who now hold to Reformed theology and it provides a great contrast between the two views. After listening to this portion of it, I wanted to share it with others so I asked James last night if he would mind clipping that section of it for Youtube to share with others. Of course, he didn't have a problem with that as he is always happy and eager to get the message of the Gospel out being the humble doulos (slave) of God that he is. This is one of the best closing statements I've ever heard in any debate. The claims that Calvinism causes people to lose zeal for the proclamation of the Gospel is refuted by the content of this video alone not to mention the abundance of other Calvinistic teachers and preachers who become more concerned with the proclamation as a result of their adherence to Reformed doctrine.


Who Controls Salvation - Man or God? Debate
(James White/George Bryson)

0 Reactions?!:

Copyright © 2008 - Nothing but a Feeble Saint - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template